Saturday 12 May 2018

Bergen

After a big day yesterday we got of to a scratchy start this morning after another great breakfast, we are heading to the Finicular. This contraption will hoist us  up 800 odd metres above the city for some spectacular city views, and the sisters a keen to walk back down to the city. The views from up here are just beautiful and the walk back down was just as impressive , time for some coffee and cake to plan our next move. WADDA is liking the cable car ride up Mt Ulriken so we go our own separate ways ,WADDA to the cable car and the sisters to the shops sounds fair to WADDA. I get myself a ticket from a street vendor and await the bus, my arrival at the foot of Mt Ulriken was like having all your blood drained from your body. This is not like the German Zugspitz or anything the Swiss would operate this 10 person box hanging off a bit of cable looks primitive, I’m sure I’ll survive this ordeal. The box in the breeze gets me there in one piece and again the view is beautiful, my walk back to the hotel though the beautiful gardens of Bergen is just something else. I’d better check on the sisters they may be resting AGAIN or just hiding from me , no they have booked a boat trip somewhere off the Norwegian coast for tomorrow. Well I’m out of here for today.......WADDA
Bergen from above x3


No comments:

Post a Comment