Saturday 27 August 2016

My last day in London...ALONE

Wadda will be spending his last day in this beautiful city of London alone doing his own thing which means no shopping. With a beautiful day forecast I've decided to cruise the river Thames all the way to Greenwich and then on to Londons flood barriers. 13 quid later we leave the Westminster dock bound for places never visited by WADDA before, as the crew points out points of interest along the way I cool my jets on the mighty Thames river. With no shopping or crowds to worry about this is heaven, my time is spent just at peace with the world. Arriving back in Greenwich I head for dry land to sus out GMT headquarters and the meridian line, but to my dismay the place is totally over run by types I care not to mention. With a 1.30hr wait to straddle the meridian line I head back to the boat ramp a bit disappointed ,as I've often said before shit happens. My time in this beautiful part of London is almost over as my boat comes in I glance skyward to the vapour trails, this time tomorrow one will have Waddas name on it. As my wanderings wind down I am looking forward to returning to my own country with fewer people and certainly a lot less cars and buses. By now Wadda is a little bit smarter so he hops off at London bridge to catch the tube home, but I spot a bus going my way how cool is this. After 1.30hrs sitting inside a red double decker bus with a noise sounding like air conditioning but wasn't , I arrived not to far from home totally knackered. The lesson learnt don't take the bus on Friday afternoon. I think it is cider time I'll be back, the others arrive back from the Tower of London and it's out for our last supper and a few drinks before an early night. I'll be back on Monday to tidy up the final blog . So good bye for now........WADDA

No comments:

Post a Comment