Wednesday 10 August 2016

A day in Dublin

With a big day planned for our day in this lovely city we hit the streets early, but first we need a big Irish breakfast. We find a cosy cafe and proceed with our mission, job done and we move on to the circle the city on a bus trip. Bottom deck full so we go topside into the cool Irish air this turns out to be a poor decision, it's freezing as Fangio the bus driver puts the bus through its paces. We bailed off and  find a coffee shop this is much more to our liking, and couldn't resist the beautiful cream cakes. While walking off a few calories we came across the Arlington hotel down by the river Liffy ,and they host Irish music dancing and food . We booked in for the evening session starting at 1830 should be ok, a visit to the Dublin castle is next on the to do list ,a couple of hours learning some of Ireland's history we make tracks for Leo Burdocks the famous fish shop. This world famous shop opened for business in 1913 and had every famous person through its doors,now it's had WADDA. Poor old Leo didn't recognise me so not to make a fuss I said nothing. Moving on to my next important place to visit i arrive at the Hairy Lemon pub to do a cider test, this is one of the places the cabbie warned me about on my arrival in this lovely city. I held my nerve as they knew I was an Aussie, if you ever go across the seas to Ireland visit Leo Burdocks fish&chip shop and the Hairy Lemon pub . Just home from a great night out at the Arlington hotel where we saw Irish singing & dancing also checked out their cider supply, met some very nice people from Israel they loved the Aussie. I'm out of here.....WADDA

1 comment:

  1. Hi John.I am one of the nice israelies, as John said, that met him at the Arlington's club. It's nice and exciting to see that you remembered us, John, so I am here to show you that we have not forgotten you. I have the impression that we`ll meet sometime in the future. we are planning to toure Australia. We think to do it by caravan. What do you think? is This a good and proper way to do it? We'd love to hear your opinion and get from you some tips on the subject. Of course, if you are coming to Israel, we will be happy to meet you and host you in our house. As a tour-guide, I'll introduce you to some beautiful places in our desert. I wish you good health and safe trips in our beautiful world. Our warmest regards to your wife and to the other couple we`ve met with you.
    Yours sincerely, Avi Ben-Zaken.

    ReplyDelete