Thursday 25 August 2016

A day at Kew gardens or was it Heathrow

Today we plan to meet some of the family who are left over from the wedding at the Kew gardens, this quite location should be a good place to relax. Oh how wrong was i as the main approach to Heathrow airport was right over the gardens, and every 70 sec a plane was landing, in the 5 hrs that I spent there at least a couple of hundred landings took place. The quiet day in the park was a disaster so my theory now is seen one park seen em all, would not waste my money on such a noisey place. With the temperature around 30c the people are feeling the pressure of this mini heat wave and we head to the pub, and a sweating heaving mass of locals have the same idea, This non air conditioned pub was just a hot and noisey oppressive pit of misery, out side the clouds are building. When it's time to go it's plssin rain can you believe it ,as I haul my bedraggled body back to the shoebox I start to question my theory on livin the dream. The minor slump in my enthusiasm is over and the best is yet to come, we will hit the tourist trail later today.........WADDA

No comments:

Post a Comment