Tuesday 17 April 2018

Where off to Lichtenstein and Hiediland

I’m up and about early as my body struggles with this time zone thing so I walk the deserted streets of Zürich looking for coffee. The time is 5 am it’s raining and it’s also a public holiday over here so between me the homeless and the garbos life is not moving very fast. Unable to satisfy my thirst for coffee I make another plan , this time to tackle a ATM to line my wallet with some of this funny money. In a small dark side street I spot what I’m looking for, as I peer at this necessity of life and it seems to peer back at me daring me to attempt the money removal I decide to abort this mission and wait for the twisted sisters . I return to the Sorell hotel and await the breakfast bell at 0630 , we crash the doors open right on time. The 30 min feeding frenzy is over and what a delight it was, we are now off in search of the spot where BOOGG the snowman gets burnt tonight. Today we leave this lovely old city and head to Lichtenstein on a 7.30 hr return bus trip through the countryside,I’m sure we will be impressed. The twisted sisters haven’t raised a yelp yet and we are just beginning ,bed seems to agreed with them at the moment  but WADDA is still strong . We board the bus and head out of town in what seems a northerly direction to a place called Rapperswill, this old town sits on the edge of Lake Zürich. Have a quick look around this lovely place and lunch is called, and what a lunch it was at the Rosenstaedter cafe. The beef with pepperoni sauce potato sticks and colorful vegetables was absolutely delicious. Back on the bus heading to Vaduz the capital of the principality of Liechtenstein . Another passport stamp to add to the collection and we are on the road again sitting back on a super coach just watching the most stunning countryside slip by. The snow covered Swiss alps are just impossible to describe ,this postcard stuff is something I’ll never tire of . Arriving at Heidiland in this big coach was no mean feat as the narrow winding roads... steep slopes and hairpin bends left some of us just a bit concerned. We have finally finished the tourist trail for today and sit back for the 90 minute chauffeur driven trip home (we are buggered ) so hoo roo .........WADDA

No comments:

Post a Comment