Friday 20 April 2018

What should we do

With the early retirement yesterday of sister number 2 the plan for today has fallen to manure , the rule for this trip were spelt out a long time ago. Shape up or get left behind sister 2 decide to shape up thank god . Good old WADDA worked long into the evening on a activity plan which included a 1800 franc helicopter flight to the Matterhorn which I thought was a tad expensive. My preference was a FREE walking tour of Interlaken it also got voted out(I wonder why) , Grindelwald gets another chance. This small town sits at the base of the northern face of the Eiger another famous Swiss mountain and there are plenty over here ,full of fun we catch the 8.05 to Grindelwald. Arrive early to catch the gondola up to a plateau to take on a walk around on some terrorising footpath attached to the side of the mountain. This may be fun for some but I’m not sure of the others, some happy faces at the tourist information centre when they say this stuff is closed today for maintenance. Plan B is to go to St Beatus caves instead now this sounds like fun, we catch the boat at Interlaken for the short trip across the lake. The remote location we were dumped at pricked WADDAS senses I know trouble when I see it, we take the trail which is listed for mountain goats and fools only. Sister 1 sets a cracking pace right out of the blocks and WADDA and sister 2 bring up the rear. With our lungs screaming for air on this death march we continue to move forward, as we round another corner sister1 has surcumbed to blisters. That now means that the sprinter is back with the stayers and we arrive at St Beatus cave as a family unit , to WADDA caves are for bats and bears not for people and pretty soon I wished to god I never entered this cold and eerie hell hole. The fear of a cave In is on my mind constantly until sister1says she has had enough , the speed I left this place would have blown poor old St Beatus out of bed. Anyway it’s still a nice spot to visit if you are ever in Switzerland, I’m done and dusted for the day so goodbye...........WADDA
T

Outside st Beatus caves 

WO

No comments:

Post a Comment