Monday 16 April 2018

Sunday in Zürich .

We board the A380 bound for Zürich but not before making a beautiful night landing at Changi international,this place is so so busy even late on a Saturday night. This long haul flight into Switzerland is not without some danger , yes you may have guessed it’s  overeating on these long flights and it has become a bit of a problem for dear old WADDA. I just can’t say no to this never ending procession of food, when I see the flight attendant heading my way I hide under my blanket refusing to make eye contact. But my will power is not what it used to be and I weaken munching through fruit nuts muffins and ice cream. My sleep pattern is a bit erratic on planes and I’m soon watching the first rays of light appear on the horizon, the time is 2 .40 am, wow. Our long awaited approach to Zürich is nothing short of amazing as we follow the snow covered Swiss Alps the lower the plane got the more you appreciated the absolute beauty of this vast winter wonderland. We make our way to the city centre by a very clean and fast public transport system to hunt down the hotel Sorrel, not wasting any time we hit the streets of this beautiful city trying to fight off any jet lag with some shopping therapy This weekend just happens to be the Boogg festival ,sounds different and why wouldn’t a small band of Aussies decide to check it out. The boogg is  the one in white and it’s head is full of fireworks and when set on fire the quicker it’s head explodes the better the season will be. Hey I’m just telling you this story , a quick report on the twisted sisters after their not so lady like behaviour at Changi airport . One has crashed and gone to bed the other has taken over WADDAS room to drink my coffee and eat my food, such is the way . Tomorrow we are on a day trip to Lichtenstein so see y’all then...............WADDA

No comments:

Post a Comment