Thursday 25 May 2017

Miltenburg

With the sun rising over the some unknown valley and the early morning mist  coming off the water,this is river cruising at its best. Our stop today is the very historic town of Miltenburg  ,but not before we have a visit from a local glassblower. Hans is an 8th generational glassblower so he should know just a tiny bit about his trade ,and he doesn't disappoint. His work is just so special that WADDA needs to invest some euros into the local economy, how much let's just say plenty and leave it at that. After lunch we set sail on a walking tour of this very old river side town, some buildings here were built in the 1300 hundreds. The local guide is well drilled in the history of Miltenburg and tells us history of this place with passion , Suprise Suprise I run into a former Seymour resident as I stroll the streets of Miltenburg his name is Frank Graham. I think I'm suffering old shit overload so maybe tomorrow I will confine myself to the cabin. Just kidding because tomorrow sometime we rejoin the Rhine river for our run to Amsterdam, tonight APT will give a presentation on their 90year history. As I eat and drink my way to the finish line of this fantastic trip i ponder my next move, we will rejoin the Danube river around 2 am which means no more locks. And we are scheduled to arrive into Rudesheimat 9 am after some 155 kms overnight journey, tomorrow in Germany is Father's Day so WADDA & Tom just maybe cut loose from the main pack and live our own dream. No shopping would be nice..........Hoo Roo.........WADDA
Down town Miltenburg in Germany 

No comments:

Post a Comment