Sunday 7 May 2017

A very big day .

Today we head for Zagreb the Croatian capital for a 3 day stop over also taking in a 4 hour tour of the world class Plitvice national park some 260ks north of Split. Portal tours picks us up in a small mini bus to take us to catch the larger bus we will be using for the day,while waiting the arrival of the bus I look at all our stuff yes it's just stuff I'm sure we are all related to the Griswalds. There is about 19 going to Plitvice this morning from all different countries so it should be good fun,after the first hour they announce a food stop . Having very little to eat prior to our departure I got straight to the point and filled my tank in a very short time. The road to Zagreb is a beautiful freeway with a 130k speed limit but nobody worries to much and on the way we pass through a 6 k tunnel carved through the mountains. As we are arrive at Plitvice national park I can't help but notice the crowds of people, and I mean thousands. Our guide tells us that the walk we will be doing today is 7 kms and now there a some long faces . From the moment I saw this place I knew I was in for a real treat and I wasn't disappointed, words and photos do not do this place justice. When you travel the world and our own beautiful country and you think you have seen it all well don't kid yourself , places like this make you want to travel to more places and discover more beautiful places. This has been another 12hour day so goodnight............WADDA
The photo problem is slowly being sorted,           


No comments:

Post a Comment