Friday 25 April 2014

Heading South

Today we leave our tropical paradise at Kununurra and start our journey south, tonight we shall stay at Halls Creek or should I say HELLS CRACK and the in between bit is still a bit of a mystery. After stopping at Warum and finding out the road out to the Bungle Bungles was opened we decided do the road trip to these beehive domes in the middle of nowhere. The track was rough but the driving fast as ,Fly put the Ford through its paces. 80ks later on this very rough track we arrive at the BUNGLE BUNGLES this is a  very special and I mean special place. The sheer size of this magical place words do not describe, with 4 grown men standing in 38c heat just spellbound ready to discover a place called the Catherderal. As we hike towards this special place I think of just how lucky we are , option 1 to get to this remote location was by chopper I am glad the boys wanted to drive. As we hike on up into the bowels of this huge cavern we came across a young family who had 5 young children in  tow, lucky buggers I thought to my self these little tackers are visiting some of our most treasured sites . While I think of some of the places I visited and how many I have missed out , these young kid will see it all . One last look over my shoulder at these beautiful domes I am sure glad we made the effort, 90 mins later we arrive back at the highway turn south for the 107 ks into Halls Creek.I thought there was no more surprises today ,how wrong was I . Maybe I have missed something in life but when you book accommodation for 4 blokes  in 2 rooms why do they assume we're gay and only supply a double bed only. Back to the front desk and got the problem solved . The food here was fine the beer was fine and so was the wine. Retiring to our rooms early the word nightcap was mentioned  pretty soon a bottle of our finest wine appeared, drinking this Mitchelton Shraz on the veranda of the Kimberly hotel thinking of our task tomorrow when we march in the Halls Creek ANZAC dawn service, so bye for now.....WADDA.........PS  Internet connection at this location S....t

No comments:

Post a Comment