Sunday 16 April 2023

Off to Scotland via Whitby

 For those of you who didn’t know Whitby is on the east coast of the UK and the starting point for many of captain James Cooks pacific adventures. Well it was also the start of another part of our fabulous holiday to the UK, arriving around 3.30 pm into Whitby by snail rail . Some of my fellow travellers were ready to call it a day but not Wadda he rallied the rest of the crowd and hit the ground running. As we moved our way through these magical narrow streets I was just spellbound, I’ve travelled around a bit and been to many beautiful places well this is high on the list of my favourite places. The trip up to the abbey was high on my list of things to do but the 199 steps seemed to deter my fellow travellers , so I set a leisurely pace the others soon followed . The views from the abbey over looking Whitby were something else so nothing more to say except I’ll try to send photos separately so see ya ……….Wadda

No comments:

Post a Comment