Sunday 9 April 2023

All roads lead to Leicester

 With my head still spinning we load the the little French car for another road trip this time to Leicester, unsure of the exact plan I’m just winging it . The driver and navigator will inform me on a needs to know basis, but WADDA knows they are planning something. Just hope it’s not another castle, museum or botanical garden . The news is not good cos our first stop is to be CASTLE ASHBY and gardens I knew it, much to my surprise this place was okay after a slow wander around we head to the car park and load up again . Destination unknown not long after resuming our journey they inform me we are now heading to FOXTON LOCKS ,as l stare out the window I start to have some doubts their mental state. The driver then puts pedal to the metal and launches us toward our next destination , we arrive in canal boat central and it I must say it is impressive . With my head full of everything there is to know about canal boats I must congratulate the driver and navigator for discovering this little treasure. Not much left to do but head into Leicester and locate the BELMONT HOTEL. Not here 20 minutes and we are off on foot in a strange city looking for you guessed it a museum, there day was complete, with my sore feet sorry arse and broken back I pushed on i dream of tomorrow ……….WADDA

PS can’t retrieve my photos I’ll try later

No comments:

Post a Comment