Thursday 20 April 2017

Time to dust down the samsonite suitcase

With just a few days  to go before I depart on this long awaited trip of a lifetime it's time to get my luggage ready. Gone are the days of just chucking stuff in my battered suitcase ,this is like performing surgery, packing and unpacking will be performed with strict military precision. Usually I pack my bag until the lid won't close,then you have to sit on this family sized coffin to close it . As you scan the room you spot stuff you have failed to get into the family coffin, as this now dangerous piece of travel gear has to be reopened we drape ourselves across the lid ready for release. Wise heads prevail and a total repack is deemed necessary this process will be carried again again and again . We are now almost ready to secure this living breathing monster,yes it is alive. With the safety straps tightened and some duct added we lift this other form of life off the bed. With the  cargo luggage now ready we move to the carry on luggage, my next big decision is do I take my backpack or my man bag . I've decided that the pack safe backpack looks to be the likely winner, it feels like having a family member  strapped to my back . This will be my third trip to the northern hemisphere and so far I've not encountered any problems but you can never be to sure, also smartraveler has kept me up to date regarding my personal security, so hopefully things will be fine. As the days go by very slowly i take a few minutes to reflect on my traveling companions Tom and his wife Cheryl last but not least my wife Miss Denny , the 2 women are of sober habits and very stable,the 2 gents I'm not so sure. I suspect some high jinx will occur during this 37 day fun filled holiday, unlike some of my outback adventures where we have had a pretty loose rein , I'm sure the little ladies won't be so generous . But  with a pocket full of euros and the wind in our hair Wadda and big Tom will try our Aussie best to keep the dream alive  see ya later.................WADDA

No comments:

Post a Comment