Thursday 1 May 2014

Monsters at Ningaloo

As I said yesterday we are off to swim with the whale sharks today ,and this is it how it went. The 40 min bus journey out to where the boat is tethered we passed the joint US & AUS communications area which serves the whole Southern Hemisphere . There were 20 people on this tour and at $410.00 a pop not bad work if you can get it. Pretty soon I noticed a frown on the dive masters face ,what's wrong with him I thought . Maybe he lost his dog or just maybe he spotted me and Paul ,the latter I would say. Time to do some snorkelling ,instead of sucking air down we were sucking water, all right for awhile but very soon you start to flood .After spluttering my guts out I returned to the mother ship for further guidance, with my leaky mask and air vent fix I was ready to return . Pretty soon the the first sighting occurs,and we are armed with every instruction on shark safety and our own personal protection . My information overload kicks in and I just keep clear as this huge thing glides on past,taking on the monster in its own environment is a risky business . After 2 dives we call it quits and retire to the safety of the the main deck, food is mentioned and  our attention is soon off the sharks. I spend the rest of the day just grazing on anything they offered ,after falling asleep on the bow of the boat I begin the pass air out of my nostrils which sound like snoring . Paul soon has me awake before people start to laugh ,it is still only about 2pm. The Agent has been absent from this trip today, the car needs cleaning and washing also our washing needs to be done food to be brought and dinner to arrange ,yes we kept him busy all day. Tonight's meal will consist of takeaway Chinese well done Kev , Terry and Fly are on a fishing charter tomorrow ...bye.....WADDA .


No comments:

Post a Comment